You probably heard of Virtual Private Network (VPN) – it presents a group of computers that are connected together over the internet. This service can be used by companies (usually using a VPN to connect to remote data centers), individuals (usually using a VPN to get access to network resources when they are not physically on the same LAN/ or as a way of securing and encrypting their communications when they’re using an insecure public network) and employees (that are using a VPN to connect remotely to the physical network of their workplace).
If you wonder why you would need a VPN here, in Australia, let’s just say – as we all live on the Web, our online privacy and security is one of the most important things that we can provide to our virtual life. For the last few years, the Australian government put more than a 500 websites on the black list, showing clearly their attitude about the freedom, and the privacy. So no doubt you need a VPN.
When we talk about a VPN, you must have in mind a few things:
- You will need a good VPN Australia provider. Fortunately, there are a lot of VPN providers in Australia that use the latest technology and strategies to provide a high quality services to users – you can be sure about your online security and privacy, just see a recommendation for each one and then choose the best VPN provider. You will not worry anymore about the security of your virtual life in Australia.
- Having a good VPN provides you security for your computer’s internet connection. It also guarantees that all of the information you’re sending/receiving is secured and encrypted from the intruders.
- Probably the main advantage of using Australian VPN is to extend a private network across the Internet to another location. For example, a business can enable workers with laptops on the road or at home to connect to the company network as if they were sat at a desk in the office. From the user to the company,the network traffic is routed across the internet, but it is encrypted and therefore secure from “unwanted guests”. A company that has offices in two locations can connect them using a VPN, so there appears to be one network.
- A VPN is not just for businesses – it stops websites to spying you, by hiding information that could identify you. Believe it or not, everywhere online someone is tracking your activities so that is why you need VPN, to protect your privacy and security.
- A VPN is a great choice for people who use their tablet, smart phone or laptop via public wi-fi hotspot (bus/train station, café, hotel, park…). Because your activities and information could be monitored and collected, and you don’t want that to happen. So VPN boosts security and makes, for example, online shopping or banking more safe.
- Server location
If you travel outside Australia and want to connect to a VPN server, you must have in mind that your data will be travelling a lot of miles and back to a VPN server. You certainly know the rule – the further information has to travel, the slower the speed. So if you are a customer from Australia, choose a fast VPN provider and be calm about your activities on the web.